I've been doing a little better as far as a social life, which I used to try to avoid because I didn't wanna leave my house, and I'm paranoid and have this deep seeded belief that no one really cares if I'm around or not. However, I'm learning slowly that this isn't the case, and that I'm pretty sure there ARE people who value my friendship and company enough to deal with my crazy ass. That being said, I can't convince myself of it enough to avoid the feelings that one minute someone is my friend, then the next I feel like they secretly loath me and can't stand me. I don't know what it is, but no matter how much I try to tell myself that people wouldn't be around me if they didn't really like me, I can't always believe it. I guess that fits into the same category as my not being able to control what pisses me off or upsets me......quite often it is stupid things that get to me and I can tell myself 'Kim, this is a DUMB thing to be mad about and you shouldn't be mad', yet I obsess and get so pissed anyway. I wish I knew how to fix myself and change things about my brain and thought process, but I've spent years and years trying with no success, so all that is left is to get help from someone else.
I know this all makes me sound like a pathetic excuse for a human being, and I am in no way trying to be that way, I just needed to get it out and say what is going on in this head of mine lately. I am getting better, and I will get even more so.....I hope someone or anyone can understand me and know that aside from all of this, I am a good person and I mean well, and I hope anyone who is reading this knows that I am worth keeping around ;) Some of us just take a little more work. They say the first step to things is admitting there are problems so here i am..........MY NAME IS KIM, AND I'M A SERIOUS MENTAL CASE! (next step, smiling, learning to be happy, social and productive....with some outside help of course......)
4 comments:
If it helps any: My name is Candace, and I am a MAJOR handful! ;-) You look great by the way! Good job!
I wrote a response to this blog in my blog and I linked your blog but if that's not ok then I'll take it off.
Since you haven't responded to my blog I'm worried that it may have come off the wrong way. I wasn't trying to belittle your 'situation'...I was just trying to say that I can relate in some ways. I was trying to make you feel less alone on the whole issue. I'm sorry if it didn't come off that way...So re-do:
We love you and your mental issues, Kim. :D
Oh Ginger, don't worry I didn't take any offense to it. I just hadn't responded to it cause I haven't really been on in the past couple days lol. No worries. I appreciate your feedback always :)
Post a Comment